Thelma Vacation Rental
Thelma has graced the waters of the St. Lawrence River since 1897. The name comes from the book Thelma by Marie Corelli, which was a favorite of the original owners wife. For the past three years the present owners under took the project to restore her, while still preserving her charm and character. Much of the interior is furnished with original pieces. Many of the paintings are by previous owner Eleanor Austin, and a recent gift by Toronto artist Alice Burton who is an Ivy Lea neighbor.
Thelma is unique in many ways. When we say it is situated right on the water we mean it. The views are spectacular from both levels, overlooking the St. Lawrence River. The upper level has a balcony that provides awesome night time views of the Thousand Islands International Bridge and a wonderful spot for evening cocktails.
The cottage is easily accessible by car or boat. It is located in the hamlet of Ivy Lea and is only 11 km from the town of Gananoque which has restaurants, grocery and liquor stores, bakeries, etc.
The Thousand Islands abounds with wildlife. Sit on the dock and listen to the loons calling, osprey's and heron's fishing, and watch the turtles or mink swimming by. If fishing is your passion, bring your boat and park it on the front dock.
Take a boat tour on one of the many larger boat companies or hire local resident Dave Williams to give you a personal tour.
Thelma is an ideal rental for 3 couples, an extended family or a family who is vacationing with their parents and want to be together, but at the same time still have some privacy. The lower unit is ideal as an in-laws suite. Thelma is spacious and having 3 bathrooms and bedrooms gives everyone the privacy they need. It is not suitable as a rental for families with young children.
- 2 units rented as one - upper and water level. Both with incredible views.
- 3 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, sleeps 6.
- WIFI & 2 TV's. Cable TV in upper unit.
- Electric fireplace, flameless candles.
- Prime waterfront property in Ivy Lea.
- Access by land or water.
- 2 parking spots right next to cottage.
- 60 foot wide water dock, with swim ladder.
- Park your personal boat.
- Swim and fish off the front dock.
- Gas BBQ, (propane provided) with utensils and herb garden located on terrace overlooking water.
- Quality linens, towels and beach towels provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Dishwasher detergent, dishwashing soap, cleaning supplies, paper towels, aluminum foil, saran wrap, serviettes, salt, pepper, Montreal steak spice, flameless candles, kleenex and toilet paper and water cooler with drinking water is all provided.
- Gated and fenced property.
- No smoking, open flames, or fireworks.
- Flameless candles and batteries provided.
- No pets of any type.
- No wheelchair access.
- No overnight guests past maximum occupancy of 6.
- No overnight guests sleeping on boat.
- No housekeeping provided.
- Damage deposit required.